Participation in these programs is open to :
All educational institutions and trekking clubs.
Individual members in the age group of 12 to 50 (age limit relaxable for those who are physically fit). Past experience is not a must for the treks, but practice of walking / trekking for 5-10 kms daily, is advisable.
For online money transfers, kindly confirm whether the trek / camp is organized by YUVASHAKTI or HIMALAYAN ADVENTURERS on Himalayan Treks - Schedule link.
The details of the bank account are as follows:
Yuvashakti account number : 45910010014172
Himalayan Adventurers account number : 45910010015009
Bank Name : IDBI Bank,
Branch Name : Laxmi Road Branch,Pune.
IFSC Code : IBKL 0000459
On depositing the amount kindly intimate the Pune Office by fax / e-mail & get a confirmation. The first installment of minimum Rs. 5,000/- (non refundable) has to be paid at the time of admission and the balance, within a month from the date of admission. The fees do not cover the meals and other expenses in the journey by train and bus.
The selected participants will be informed about the date and time of reporting at Pune. Once the date is finalized no change in the schedule shall be entertained nor the amount be refunded. If the participants do not complete the programs or abandon it, or do not report at Pune or base camp, due to any reason, no refund is possible. The organizations have the right to change the programs in case of contingencies and such decisions shall be binding on all.
The organizations reserve the exclusive rights to select the participants for any of the programs. In case if any person is refused admission, the organizations will not be bound to give any explanation or reason for any such refusal. However, in such a case the entire amount shall be refunded to the person whose admission is refused by the organizers.
Rules For Cancellation
The rules for cancellation will be the same for all the programs. Rs. 5,000/- (Five thousand only) will be deducted from the total amount paid, if the written application for cancellation is received at the registered office of Yuvashakti / Himalayan Adventurers, 30 days prior to the date of departure of the said batch. No refund will be possible thereafter.
Important points to be noted
1. Participants should bring minimum possible luggage with them, preferably a small suitcase or brief case, which could be easily carried by the participant, himself/herself incase landslides warrant a small walk.
2. Those selected for the treks/ camps will be called for a meeting at Pune in which the program will be explained in detail Attendance for this meeting is compulsory. In case of those participant who miss this meeting for any reasons, it shall be deemed that all the points discussed in this meeting are understood by the participant and that he / she has agreed to abide by all the rules and regulations explained in the said meeting.
3. At least two practice treks should be completed by the participants before joining Himalayan Treks.
4. Please note that a confirmed railway reservation will be guaranteed only to those applicants who submit their forms along-with the first installment 65 days prior to the departure of the batch to which the admission is sought.
5. If the program is cancelled due to any unavoidable circumstances, refund will be made equally to all the participants who have registered their names for these treks after deducting the expenses done for printing, postage, publicity, advertisement, pilot trek & railway reservation / cancellation charges. Kindly note that full refund will not be possible in such a case.
6. During the trekking period all participants will be served vegetarian meals and breakfast.
7. In case of a person falling sick during the program or not being able to complete the expedition, the expenses for medical treatment, travel, porters etc. will be borne by the concerned individual.
8. During the program, the decision of the leader will always be final and binding on all the participants.
9. If for some reason, the program is changed, the change will be binding on everybody.
10. Alcohol consumption, swimming etc. is completely prohibited on all the treks, Jungle Safaris and Adventure Camp.
11. Please note that any claim, dispute, court case etc., shall be subject to Pune Jurisdiction only.Special Leave
The Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) will approve the trekking programs after submission of the list of trekkers. Government employees are entitled for a special casual leave for these treks. The participants will be provided with a Xerox copy of the approval letter received from IMF. ‘Yuvashakti’ and ‘Himalayan Adventurers’ however do not take any responsibility for the actual grant of the said leave.
A great deal of preparation has gone into the planning of the trek routes & ensuring safety. While every care has been taken to ensure safety of the participants, ‘Yuvashakti’, and ‘Himalayan Adventurers’, Pune, or their Committee Members, Group or Camp Leaders or anyone else appointed by these organizations, cannot be held responsible for any death, accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities. Please also note that no participant should proceed for any of the programs, without completion of the formalities for participation i.e. submission of Medical certificate, blood group, signatures of self & parents (if applicable), photograph etc.
All the participants will be insured for Rs. 50,000/- (Personal accident policy) by these organisations. However, it is advised that the participants get themselves adequately insured.
Participants should carry along with them, the following :
HIMALAYAN TREK: Ruck sack, Cotton shirts Jeans ,Thermal wear, Woolen Scarf ,Woolen& Cotton socks, Sports Shoes, Chappals ,Gloves, Light raincoat ,Torch ,Water Bottle ,Lunch Box, Electral Powder Thread, Needle, Buttons, Dark sun glasses ,Note book, Pen, Cold Cream, Sun Screen Toilet Material, Small and big plastic bags, Personal medical Kit (Pain Killer, Band-aid, antiseptic cream) .
JUNGLE SAFARI: Photo ID (Driving Licence / Pan Card or Voting Card) Cotton T-shirts Full T-shirts, Jeans Shoes, Socks Cap Cotton Scarf, Dark Sun Glasses, Torch, Reference book Diary, Pen, Camera, Charger,extra pair of Cells, Binocular, Sun Screen, Toilet Material, Water bottle, Personal medical Kit - (Pain Killer, Band-aid, antiseptic cream)